Multimedia Competencies for University Staff to Empower University - Community Collaborations (MUST)
Project duration: 10/2020 – 06/2023
Project code number: 2020-1-RO01-KA203-080399
Even before the onset of the Corona pandemic, learning with digital media had become an opportunity at colleges and universities to improve teaching and work in a more project-based way. The design and use of digital media not only affects teaching, but also university research work and the use of the competences of university staff and students for the regional community ("third mission"). This requires more and more competences from university staff to be able to use digital media flexibly and in a way that is appropriate to the target group.
Target groups and their benefits
The MUST project is primarily aimed at university staff and students who wish to develop their media skills in order to involve regional civil society more in their activities (including knowledge transfer, engagement, infrastructure).
The MUST project aims to develop tools for the further training of university staff. They are to be encouraged to use multimedia technologies to implement project-oriented action research in teaching and cooperation with regional civil society.
Role of SoWiBeFo
SoWiBeFo takes over the scientific accompanying research and internal evaluation. In addition, SoWiBeFo advises on the development of the instruments and is responsible for the research study on the impact of the curriculum and learning materials on the development of multimedia competences.
Products and publications
- Conducting a study on the status of the use of digital learning media in the participating universities
- Development of a competence matrix
- Elaboration of a curriculum and the development of a toolkit for teachers
- Formulation of a strategy to develop competencies to strengthen the interaction of the university and regional civil society through joint media projects
- Creation of a learning management system with transmedia formats (including video, audio, social media)
- Production of a handbook "Media competences for university staff for the interactive education of students from different backgrounds"
- Romania (project coordination): Universitatea Politehnica Timisoara
- Spain: Universidad de Alicante
- Portugal: Storytellme
- Lithuania: Kauno Technologijos Universitetas
- Slovenia: Mednarodna fakulteta za druzbene in poslovne studije (MFDPS) International School for Social and Business Studies (ISSBS)
- Republic of North Macedonia: South East European University Tetove
- Germany: Verein für sozialwissenschaftliche Beratung und Forschung e. V.